Knowing when to rotate tires is an important part of keeping your vehicle running safe and smooth on Phoenix streets. So, how often should you rotate your tires? It is generally recommended that the tires on your Honda should be rotated every 5,000 to 7,500 miles. That being said, it’s a good idea to check your owner’s manual for the exact tire rotation schedule for your make and model. Learn more about how often to rotate your tires in this guide from the experts in the Right Honda Service Center.
Rotating Tires on FWD and RWD Vehicles
The front-wheel and rear-wheel drive designations are simply used to show where power from the engine is sent. For a front-wheel drive car, engine power is sent to the front tires, while in a rear-wheel drive car it is sent to the rear tires. The set of tires that receive direct power from the engine will tend to wear faster than the others. With either a FWD or RWD vehicle, keep these tire rotation tips in mind:
- For FWD or RWD cars, tire rotation should be performed every 5,000 to 7,500 miles, but consult your owner’s manual for exact figures.
- When performing a FWD tire rotation yourself, keep in mind to flip sides when moving the rear tires. For example, the rear right tire will go on the front left. However, when moving the front tires to the back, keep them on the same side.
- When rotating tires on a RWD car, invert the process above. Flip sides when moving the front tires to the back, but keep the rear tires on the same side when moving them forward.
- How and where you drive will affect how often you need to rotate your tires. The service experts at Right Honda will be happy to help you create a tire rotation and maintenance schedule that fits your driving habits.
AWD Tire Rotation Tips
Wondering how many miles before you’ll need to rotate tires on an AWD model? Each tire wears differently, and at different speeds, since all can be engaged by the engine. The recommended tire rotation schedule for AWD vehicles is between 3,000 to 5,000 miles. Although, as always, check your owner’s manual for exact numbers for your specific vehicle. If you can’t remember the last time you performed a tire rotation, don’t hesitate to schedule service at Right Honda. Our certified technicians will inspect your tires to see if you’re due for a rotation. Tires usually require a rotation once the tread variance exceeds 2/32 of an inch.
Why Rotate Tires?
Regular tire rotations extend the life of your tires. Additional benefits of routinely having your tires rotated include:
- Reduced stress on the drivetrain
- Improved traction on slippery roads
- Less noise from the wheels and tires when driving
Tire rotations should be kept as an important part of your maintenance plan. While proper tire care can improve safety and help to make your tires last longer, your tires will inevitably wear out over time. When they do, stop by the Right Honda Tire Center. We carry a wide variety of competitively priced tires from popular brands that are ideal for your Honda.
Get Professional Tire Care and More at Right Honda
For help and advice on everything from tire care, to how to check your car oil level, or how to enter the Honda Accord radio code, feel free to contact us. Make sure to take a look at our current service specials and coupons to get the best deals in the Mesa area. We look forward to seeing you soon.