Honda Sensing® has “now been fitted to 1 million vehicles” according to a recent CNET review. While that is certainly impressive, it leads many Phoenix-area drivers to ask, “What is Honda Sensing®, and why is it so popular?” Simply put, Honda Sensing® is a suite of safety and driver assist systems that is standard on many new Honda models, such as the 2019 Honda Accord and 2020 Honda Pilot. Learn more about how Honda Sensing® can add peace of mind to your Mesa commute in this guide from Right Honda.
What’s Included in the Honda Sensing® Package?
The Honda Sensing® technologies help drivers stay aware on Glendale roads, and can even help to prevent potential collisions:
- Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS™)—Will brake the car if a collision with a straight-ahead vehicle seems likely.
- Road Departure Mitigation System (RDM)—Can detect road markings and will alert you if you begin to leave the road.
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)—Maintains a preset following distance with the car in front of you.
- Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS)—Automatically adjusts steering to keep your vehicle within its lane.
- Traffic Sign Recognition (TSR)—Can detect and alert you to road sign information.
Can You Turn Off Honda Sensing®?
“Is Honda Sensing® worth it if I don’t want to use these features all the time?” We certainly believe that the driver assist systems of the Honda Sensing® suite are well worth having, even if you don’t always drive in circumstances where they are needed. If you wish to deactivate any of the Honda Sensing® features, you’ll find that it is easy to do so. If you want to turn off RDM, for example, all you need to do is press a button under ECON. LKS can be turned off by pushing the MAIN button on the steering wheel until the indicators in the instrument cluster are gone.
It is also easy to configure Honda Sensing® settings via the optional central touchscreen. Hit “Settings,” “Vehicle Settings,” and then “Drive Assist Setup.” This allows you to change RDM warnings, distance warnings for CMBS™, and more.
Need help modifying or turning off Honda Sensing®? Schedule a service appointment with one of our technicians!
Try Out Honda Sensing® at Right Honda in Scottsdale!
If you have questions about the Honda Sensing® package, HondaLink® connectivity suite, Lane Departure Warning, or any of the other new Honda technologies, please feel free to contact us. Explore our new Honda inventory, and don’t forget to check out our new vehicle specials, then schedule a test drive today!
Learn More About Honda Technology from Right Honda