Honda Civic vs. Honda Accord
Starting at $19,550* MSRP
Starting at $23,720* MSRP
192-hp 1.5L turbo 4-cylinder
7-inch WVGA screen with customizable feature settings
Trying to decide whether the Honda Civic or Accord is the best choice for you can be tough. Both of these Honda sedans come with a wide range of standard features and have a lot to offer Phoenix drivers, but the choice will come down to your personal preferences. Do you want a sport compact, or is a more powerful mid-size sedan more to your liking? Find out more in this Honda Civic vs. Accord comparison from Right Honda.
Honda Civic vs. Accord: Pricing
The sticker price is going to be one of the first things that Scottsdale-area drivers will look at when shopping for a new car. The starting MSRP of the entry-level 2019 Honda Accord LX CVT is $23,720*, while the base model 2019 Honda Civic Sedan LX 6-Speed Manual has an MSRP starting at $19,550*. That $4,170 difference could be a game-changer for some Glendale car shoppers.
Honda Civic vs. Accord: Technology Features
Both the Honda Civic and Accord come with a variety of standard technology features, however, the base trim Accord comes with some features that aren’t included with the entry-level Civic. Some of these Accord features include:
- 7-inch WVGA screen with customizable feature settings
- Pandora® compatibility
- Traffic Sign Recognition (TSR), part of the Honda Sensing® suite
Honda Civic vs. Accord: Performance & MPG Ratings
No matter which one you choose, Mesa shoppers will find that both the Civic and Accord offer spirited performance and good fuel economy ratings:
- Engine: The Honda Accord comes with a 192-hp 1.5L turbo 4-cylinder, and the Honda Civic is equipped with a 158-hp 2.0L 4-cylinder.
- Transmission: The Accord offers a choice between four transmissions: a 6-speed manual, a continuously variable transmission (CVT), and Electronic CVT, and a 10-speed automatic. The Civic has three transmissions available: a 6-speed manual or two CVT options.
- MPG Ratings: The 2019 Civic LX with 6-speed manual transmission earns an EPA-estimated 25 mpg city/ 36 mpg highway** rating, while the 2019 Accord LX earns an EPA-estimated 30 mpg city/38 mpg highway**.
Honda Civic vs. Accord: Cargo & Passenger Space
The Civic is a compact sedan, and the Accord is a mid-size sedan. Both can seat up to five passengers, but the larger Honda Accord has a maximum passenger volume of 105.6 cubic feet, while the Honda Civic interior offers 97.8 cubic feet. As for cargo volume, the Accord offers 16.7 cubic feet, and the Civic 15.1 cubic feet.
Test Drive the Honda Civic or Accord at Right Honda!
Check out our Civic lease and Accord lease specials to take advantage of our current money-saving offers. Take a look at the available Accord colors, and explore our Accord and Civic inventory. Once you’ve chosen the Honda sedan you’ll be driving out to enjoy all the fun things to do around Scottsdale, stop by Right Honda. If you have any questions, or would like to schedule a test drive, please feel free to contact us.
*MSRP excluding tax, license, registration, $930.00 destination charge and options. Dealers set own prices.
**Based on 2019 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions and other factors.
More Honda Comparisons from Right Honda